Broken Angel?

We live in a world full of so much we cannot touch or measure.
Our culture demands both for truth. I don't believe that. Probably many of you don't either. To do so is limited at best and at worst, destructive. Angels are messengers. I am no angel, but I am paying attention.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Going to Church

I've been going to church for sixty eight years.  In other words, there wasn't a time I didn't.  For the last forty-one of those years I've been running the show.  So it's Transfiguration.  And I'm in the choir.  I like our church.  I like our pastor. 
It's still weird. 
But last Sunday I listened to the Pastoral Prayer, and I heard it. 
Weird it may be, but I'm very grateful for the discipline and the presence and the community.  Who knows?  I might get used to sitting in the choir loft.
Fat Chance.

No comments: