Broken Angel?

We live in a world full of so much we cannot touch or measure.
Our culture demands both for truth. I don't believe that. Probably many of you don't either. To do so is limited at best and at worst, destructive. Angels are messengers. I am no angel, but I am paying attention.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Back in the Saddle Again


 

I don’t know why I get anxious.  The dude said, “Be not anxious.”  It’s a commandment.  So why should I do this to myself?  Hey, the shepherds and a few dozen others were told by the angels, “Be not afraid.”  It’s not quite the same thing.  I’m not really worried about what the people will think.  Reviews stopped being that important a while ago.  It’s more like I know what’s possible, and I gear up for it.   

In any case, I was in charge again and it felt right.  The hardest part was the benediction.  So, I told them the story of the benediction at Shrewsbury on the last day, how they schlepped Chris up to stand next to me and the congregation said the benediction to us.  Telling the story today helped me get through the moment with a sense of honesty and intimacy.

I truly don’t feel in charge.  It’s like being in charge of keeping an avalanche moving, or catching a wave.  That’s not something someone accomplishes, it’s more a facilitation, a getting yourself into the right place to allow the potential to become kinetic.

It’s a wonderful place to be.  And I’ll be there again next week.

No comments: