Broken Angel?

We live in a world full of so much we cannot touch or measure.
Our culture demands both for truth. I don't believe that. Probably many of you don't either. To do so is limited at best and at worst, destructive. Angels are messengers. I am no angel, but I am paying attention.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Trying to keep track


 

The Beast is home from the hospital, purring like a maroon leviathan (I realize they don’t purr, gurgle?  bubble?).  It was a minor fix.  Little part, general breakdown, quick fix.  So, with relief I attended presbytery today.  People are beginning to say hello and know me.  I’ve got three preaching gigs this and next month.  Someone asked me if I’d be interested in a new position opening….

I’ve got a feeling things are going to start coming hot and heavy.  It’s been nice to be able to take things as they come, without being worried about getting slammed if something slides by.  Deadlines are friends I haven’t seen in a while.  Responsibilities that don’t have to do with my trees and flowers and lawn and tomato plants are strangers. 

Am I going to become unretired? 

I do worry about the headaches.  My doctors said move away from stress.  So I changed my address.  I guess you can’t move away from a life style.  You’ve got to change your approach to living.  Easier said than done when it’s a habit developed over 45 years.  But I have learned some things over this season of being fallow. 

I’ve learned to spend time being creative every day.

I’ve learned to take a nap when I need one.

I’ve learned to write and read at least three projects and books at the same time. 

I’ve learned that I like our new hometown and our neighborhood.

I’ve learned that I’m pretty good at being a partner with my wife.

I’ve learned we’re good at creating a beautiful home (an ongoing job).

I’ve learned that I’m happier when I’m getting my hands dirty and that I can actually fix, build, and grow things (lots to learn).

I’ve learned how much life has to offer when I’m willing to take advantage of the opportunities.

I’ve learned that I don’t have to live in the eye of a hurricane.

See?  Even a thick head can learn.  Now, let’s see if I can keep all that in mind, keep learning, and do some ministry without blowing a fuse.  Little part, general breakdown.
The general idea is to 'Keep on Truckin' 

 

 

No comments: