Broken Angel?

We live in a world full of so much we cannot touch or measure.
Our culture demands both for truth. I don't believe that. Probably many of you don't either. To do so is limited at best and at worst, destructive. Angels are messengers. I am no angel, but I am paying attention.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Blue Skies


 

Carolina Blue…  It’s hard to think of being here without a sky that is almost hard to believe.  Day after day it settles into your soul, offering a setting for the sun with no blemish.  I heard that they built the sound stages here because the weather is fair almost all the time.  I’d disagree.  It’s not fair, it’s excellent.  The flowers bloom even without good soil.  It has to be that sky. 

I remember when I first moved to San Francisco, the weather was so clear all the time that the first time it rained, I danced in it.  I was so used to storms that it was anxiety provoking to live without them. 

Maybe age has offered me a new peace.  I don’t need the pushes and pulls of storms to provide a rhythm in my living.  Each day does that with its rising and setting.  There is enough there to allow me the space that change offers.

Maybe this is a place of peace.  Smiles seem to come easier here.  I know it drives some crazy, all this pleasantness.  I’m sorry for them.  Personally I’ll accept it, this peace beneath the Carolina sky.

No comments: